Political activist Kwame Asare Obeng, affectionately known as A Plus, has questioned the position of ex-President John Dramani Mahama on the much-talked-about National Cathedral project.
Currently, the construction of an interdenominational Christian cathedral is underway in the capital, Accra, to serve as a sacred space and infrastructure for the formal religious activities of the country.
The project which is being undertaken by President of the Republic, Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo, follows a promise he made to God that he would honour Him if he gave him victory in the 2016 elections.
- BREAKING NEWS: Football Legend, Samuel Eto’o Fils Sentenced To 22 Month In Prison; Shocking Details Dropped
- VERY BAD: Teacher Beats Male Student Mercilessly For Allegedly Exchanging Words With A Female Student(VIDEO, Contacts).
- Other N@ked Videos Joyce Blessing Sent to Her Boyfriend Kwame Pop Up?
- Afia Schwarzenegger angers Nogokpo chief with this video.
- Honest Taxi Driver employed by Church of Pentecost at its Headquarters; placed on Grade II salary
This vision of the President has been widely been opposed to, as the critics say, building a cathedral for God with State resources is a misplaced priority.Some stakeholders and political actors have also indicated it is “needless” to build a church for God when the country is going through an economic crisis.
But, despite the criticisms, President Akufo-Addo has maintained that the construction of the National Cathedral remains a top-notch project of his government.A Plus asks for Mahama’s position on the project Taking to his Facebook page, Kwame A Plus has questioned exactly what Mr. Mahama will do should he become the next President of Ghana.
Some answers A Plus is seeking from the former President include whether he would continue the project, abandon it or turn it into a world-class medical tourism facility.
“Dear John Dramani Mahama When you become president, what will happen to the national cathedral? Will the project be continued, abandoned, or it will be turned into a world class medical tourism facility?”
Send all your news articles to our whatsap front desk on here